Tart and creamy, this cool, sweet American favorite is much easier to make when you have all natural True Lime on hand.
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup granulated sugar
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick butter) melted
2 (14-ounce) cans condensed milk
8 packets of True Lime
2 whole eggs
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 tablespoon lime zest
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter with your hands. Press the mixture firmly into a 9-inch pie pan, and bake until brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature before filling.
3. Lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the condensed milk, true lime packets, and eggs. Whisk until well blended and place the filling in the cooled pie shell. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes and allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
5. Once chilled, combine the sour cream and powdered sugar and spoon around the edge of the pie, or over the top of the pie using a spatula. Sprinkle the lime zest as a garnish on top of the sour cream and serve chilled.