Perhaps, like us, you headed into 2015 with a tremendous list of New Year’s resolutions, hoping to make substantial changes so that you are better able to find some health, peace, and happiness. As we are just about halfway into the year now (time sure has a way of slipping by), many resolutions have long since been forgotten. But fret not! We at True Citrus have come up with 9 simple mid-year resolutions that are easy to bring into your daily routine and will undoubtedly help improve your life. Give ‘em a try!
1. Get Moving: Swap the elevator for the stairs, the car for the bike, and sitting still for moving. Finding new ways to add extra movement into your life will not only help improve your health and happiness, but will shake up your monotonous everyday routine.
2. Stretch: Find a short instructional yoga video on YouTube or simply get on the floor and stretch where you are feeling tight. Stretching as little as 5 minutes a day will help relieve built up tensions in your physical body and can make an enormous difference in your overall quality of life.
3. Make Your Bed: If you don’t already do this every day, try making your bed up first thing in the morning. That way, you will start your day already having done one productive thing, and you’ll feel better, cleaner, happier, and more organized whenever you enter your room.
4. Drink More Water: Keep your hormones balanced, your skin clear, your immune system functioning, your metabolism running, your brain working properly and your body happy by consuming enough water throughout the day.
5. Play with a Pet: Hanging with a furry friend is a sure (and proven) way to immediately uplift your mood and lower your stress levels. If you don’t have a pet to cuddle or play with, head to a shelter, or simply watch some online videos of cute cats.
6. Gratitude Journal: It may sound cheesy, but practicing gratitude has an astonishing effect on our state of wellbeing. Take a moment every now and then to jot down what and whom you are grateful for, and observe how your mood immediately shifts.
7. Drink Citrus Every Day: Add fresh citrus to your water or try using any of the various True Citrus products which allow you to flavor your water your way. Daily intake of citrus (especially lemon) is said to help cleanse your organs, fight weight gain, lower your risk of stroke, improve your vision, and reduce stress, among many other amazing health benefits.
8. Get Outside: There is nothing quite as intoxicating as summer sunshine on your cheeks and fresh air on your skin. Get your hands in the garden, take a bike ride or a long walk without any particular destination in mind, and let yourself appreciate the present moment.
9. Dance It Out: Head to a show with some friends, hit up a local club, join a swing dancing class or simply shut the shades, turn on some tunes, and let it all out! Dancing has been proven to boost your endorphins, elevate your mood, and release stress, so get on up and shake it out – you won’t regret it.
Have you stuck to any of your New Years resolutions in 2015? Which ones? Which simple tricks you use to improve your daily life?
[Credit: Nearing, Margaret. “6 health benefits of citrus fruits.” Best Health.]
[Credit: Smith, Jessica. “22 Ways to Improve Your Life in 2 Minutes or Less.” Shape.]
[Credit: Rizzo, Paula. “6 Ways to Improve Your Life in Under a Minute.” The List Producer.]