July 07, 2022
A simple and spicy dish that's great with couscous and grilled vegetables! Recipe adapted from Mediterranean Food Recipes.com.
- 2 whole chicken legs (or thighs)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 4 small sprigs thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Dash of ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Salt, to taste
4 packets True Lime
- Dash of soy sauce
- Sprinkle ginger on both sides of the chicken legs, then season with marjoram, sweet pepper, turmeric, and salt on both sides of the chicken pieces.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet or frying pan. Add the rosemary and thyme sprigs. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and brown each side uncovered for 5 minutes over low-medium heat until well seared.
- Sprinkle True Lime on top of each chicken piece. Pour a short dash of soy sauce over the chicken legs. Turn down the heat a little bit and cover with a lid.
- Cook each side for 10-minutes. Turn chicken pieces twice during the cooking time.