Looking for a way to get closer to your partner, and learn even more about who they truly are deep down? Reached a difficult patch in your long-term relationship and seeking to spark romance? The key to true connection lies in conversation between each other.
Set aside your smartphones, turn off the TV, and make a point to devote some real quality time face-to-face with your significant other. We have some great questions to ask each other to explore your relationship on a deeper level.
These questions work well for creating new connections and deepening ties within any type of relationship - friends, partners, parents, even siblings.
Questions to Ask Each Other for a Healthy Relationship
- If you could be famous, would you enjoy fame?
- What kind of celebrity would you be if you were famous - a musician, writer, or movie star?
- What would your perfect day look like, from start to finish? (Be specific: what would you eat, where you would go, what you would do, who you would interact with.)
- Have you thought about death? If you got to choose, how would you die and why?
- If you were to die tomorrow, what would your biggest regret be?
- What are your three favorite qualities about me?
- What are three things that you love that we have in common?
- What are five things that you are deeply grateful for in your life?
- If you could change anything about the way you grew up, or the way you were raised, what would it be?
- What is your most treasured childhood memory?
- Go through the senses: what is your favorite flavor to taste? Favorite feeling to touch? Favorite scent to smell? Favorite sight to see? Favorite sound to hear? How about your least favorites of each?
- If you could choose a new name for yourself, what would it be?
- How close are you with your immediate family? How about your other relatives?
- If money and experience were no object, what would you do as a profession? (Get as wild and creative as you can!)
- Who would you would love to have dinner with? (Name three: one current celebrity, one historical figure, and one person you either know or used to know.)
- If you could wish for one ability - supernatural or otherwise - what would it be?
- How do you define love?
- What is the greatest accomplishment you’ve had in the past year? What about the past 10 years?
- When was the last time you cried your heart out, and what caused you to break down?
- What was one of the most embarrassing moments in your life?
- What is something you liked about me the first moment you met me?
- What is something you like about me now that you’ve gotten to know me better?
- If you could see the future by looking into a crystal ball, what would you want to know about it?
- What is your greatest fear, and have you ever tried to overcome it?
- Do you have a strong relationship with your parents, and have you tried to change your relationship with them?
- Is there anything about yourself that you haven’t shared with me, that you might want to share with me now?
- What is off limits when it comes to jokes or joking?
- If you could only grab one thing from your house just before it is destroyed, what would it be?
- Everyone has had someone close to them die. Which death did not sit quite right with you, or which death affected you the most in your life, and why?
- What do you like the most about yourself?
- If you won a million dollars, what would you do with the money?
- What is one big thing you would like to accomplish before the end of next year?
- If you had the chance to get an all-expenses paid trip to anywhere in the world, where would you choose to go?
- When was the last time you laughed so hard that you cried, and what were the circumstances?
- What is a hobby you’ve always wanted to try or learn, but never have?
Remember when asking these questions to actively listen without judgement to each other’s reply. Let the conversation flow naturally, and see where each question takes you. The foundation of every great relationship is built on open and trusting communication, and this is the key to a truly healthy and happy connection.
[Credit: Willis, Dave. “21 Questions to ask on Date Night.” Patheos.com]
[Credit: Ehrenfeld, Temma. “36 Questions to Bring You Closer Together.” Psychology Today.]
True Citrus products are proven to encourage you to drink more water, so try any of our delicious flavors in your glass or water bottle to stay hydrated all year long.
About True Citrus:
We have a Live True Promise that applies to everything we do: use the best, truest ingredients in our products, and bring our customers the highest quality in citrus flavors, drink mixes, and salt-free seasoning blends. We are also devoted to providing the support and guidance our customers need to be as healthy and happy as possible throughout every facet of their lives.
How True Citrus Goes Above and Beyond:
We have created our line of better-for-you products with your health in mind, and without compromising on taste. You’ll only find simple and clean ingredients in True Citrus products! You will never find: chemicals, sodium, gluten, GMO’s, artificial flavors, sweeteners, or preservatives in our products. You will find: bright natural flavors from real citrus oils, a delightful array of flavors, and products that are either unsweetened, lightly sweetened with all-natural Stevia (sugar-free), salt-free, low calorie, or 0-calorie.