There are even more varieties of citrus fruits you can experiment with, like Pomelos (which are similar to the flavor of grapefruits but have a more delicate, floral taste).
Here are some fun health benefits of citrus fruits:
• Eating one medium-sized orange meets your daily recommended dosage of vitamin C. (Bonus fact: so does True Lemon Energy.)
• Vitamin C is proven to boost immune system health by encouraging the production of white blood cells.
• Although many people think getting vitamin C helps prevent a cold, this vitamin is more likely to shorten the length and severity of which you’re sick.
• Vitamins and minerals are essential to good health, and many citrus fruits contain a wide range of them. Not just vitamin C, either! Citrus fruits contain important B vitamins, magnesium & potassium, and much more.
• Who doesn't want to look younger? The compounds found in citrus fruits contain antioxidants that reduce inflammation and brighten skin from the inside out.
• Keep your body regular and your digestive system moving! Citrus fruits are filled with fiber (which is why it is better to eat the fruit, rather than just drink juice).
• Since citrus fruits are low in calories but high in fiber, they are excellent weight loss foods. Snacking on citrus will make you feel fuller for longer, with less than about 100 calories per fruit.
• Some studies have shown that citrus fruits contain nutrients and compounds that can reduce the risk of certain cancers, such as esophageal, breast, stomach, lung, and pancreatic cancers.