This classic Italian dish gets a little kick from True Lemon.
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup dry white wine
2-3 packets True Lemon dissolved in 2 tablespoons of water
1 cup fresh tomato (1 medium), chopped
4 ounces angel hair pasta
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
Black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat and maintain boil.
- Put the olive oil and garlic in a saute pan and cook over medium heat, just until the garlic begins to brown.
- Remove the saute pan from the heat and pour in the wine.
- Return pan to the heat.
- Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes, until the wine has been reduced by half.
- Add True Lemon water, onion, and tomato to saute pan and stir.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Place pasta in the boiling water and cook to desired tenderness (about 30 seconds to 1 minute – or follow package directions).
- Drain the pasta, rinse with cold water, and put it into a warm serving bowl.
- Add the basil, Parmesan cheese, and black pepper, along with the tomato mixture.
- Toss and serve immediately.
Pro tip: Reserve a small amount of the water you cooked the pasta in, and toss the pasta with it before adding the sauce. The starches in the water will help the sauce stick to the noodles!