Fruit crumble with a creamy topping. A satisfyingly light finish for any gathering! Recipe courtesy Diane Henderiks, RD / Dietitian-in-the-Kitchen.
For the filling:
3 cups thinly sliced apples
4-5 sliced stone fruits (such as plums, peaches, and pluots)
1 mango – scored and separated
1/2 cup seasonal berries (optional)
2 packets True Lemon
For the topping:
3 tablespoon whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoon butter
2 cups vanilla frozen yogurt
3 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Combine fruit and True Lemon together. Spoon half of mixture onto 8x8x12 inch metal or foil pan.
- In separate bowl combine brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Stir well.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle half of mixture evenly over fruit mixture. Add remaining fruit and sprinkle other half of mixture on top.
- Cover pan tightly with foil, and bake about 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake additional 10 minutes.
- Spoon approximately 1 cup of the fruit mixture into small bowl, and top with 1/4 cup yogurt. Drizzle some of the fruit syrup on top, and enjoy!
Feel free to substitute any of your favorite seasonal fruits for the ones specified in this recipe!