Cauliflower has a wonderful texture, and is also fibrous and high in vitamins. A delicious and warming soup for a cool afternoon!
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
salt (to taste)
freshly ground black or white pepper
1 small Russet potato, cubed
1 quart low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
5 cups cauliflower florets
1 bay leaf
1/4 cup chopped, fresh parsley
3 tablespoons sour cream
2 packets True Lemon
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the celery, onion, and curry powder, season lightly with salt and pepper, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, potato, broth, and bay leaf to the pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender (about 15-20 minutes).
- In a small bowl, mix together the parsley, sour cream, and True Lemon. Set aside.
- Remove the bay leaf, and puree the soup with a hand-blender, or in batches in a blender. Only blend half for a chunkier soup.
- Serve the soup in bowls with a dollop of lemon parsley cream, and extra chopped parsley, if desired.
Recipe submitted by Meredith Leonard.