Biscotti is easier to make than you might think! Great to serve to guests when staying for a long weekend, or to place in baggies as holiday gifts.
2 tablespoons True Orange Ginger Spice Blend
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 ounces semisweet baking chocolate, melted in a double-broiler on the stove top
1/4 cup pistachios, chopped and put to the side (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix sugar, oil, True Orange Ginger Spice Blend, vanilla, and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
- Shape half of dough at a time into rectangle, about 10 x 3 inches, on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick interested in center comes out clean. Cool on cookie sheet 15 minutes.
- Cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices. Places slices cut sides down on cookie sheet. Bake about 15 more minutes, turning once, until crisp and light brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.
- Dip the bottom of each cookie into melted chocolate and set aside on waxed or parchment paper. Dip in chopped pistachios, if desired. The top can also be drizzled with additional chocolate if it’s leftover!
- Serve once chocolate is cooled and firm.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies. Feel free to add more True Orange Ginger Spice Blend for a stronger flavor! Biscotti gets even better when stored in an air tight container overnight.