Celebrate the 4th of July in a fun and healthy way with grilled chicken and this deliciously festive salad.
For the chicken:
2 packets True Lemon
2 packets True Lime
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons water
1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
For the salad:
2 cups diced seedless watermelon
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/4 cup diced red onion (optional)
1/3 cup diced or crumbled feta cheese
Fresh mint sprigs
- In a medium bowl, combine True Lemon, True Lime, olive oil, water, parsley, thyme, cumin, salt and pepper; whisk to blend.
- Add chicken to marinade, and turn to coat.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine watermelon, blueberry, and onion (optional) with fresh mint. Gently stir to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Grill chicken over medium heat on outdoor grill or stove-top ridged grill pan for 6 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Before serving the salad, sprinkle feta cheese on top. Serve with chicken, and enjoy!
Submitted By Priscilla Yee. For added nutrition, serve the salad on top of a bed of spinach.