Unique cookies with a lively taste! Enjoy with hot tea or as a light snack. Recipe submitted by David Arnold.
1 cup sugar
2 cups whole wheat all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme leaves
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons half & half or milk
6 packets of True Lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with non-stick spray or parchment paper.
- Mix together sugar, flour, baking soda, pepper, and thyme until combined in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the olive oil, half & half, and True Lemon. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix by hand until a nice dough forms.
- Make teaspoon-sized dough balls and place 2 inches apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until browned around the edges.
- After removing from oven, transfer to a rack to cool.
These are the perfect tea-time cookies to serve to guests, and they’ll be wowed by the unique tangy flavor.