Delightful and traditional folk dish that’s served cold. Great served before lunch or dinner, and goes well with any entree. Recipe submitted by Barbara Strickler, of Syracuse, IN.
1 package (3oz) raspberry gelatin
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup boiling water
1 package (12oz) frozen raspberries, syrup drained off
1 1/4 cups cold water
2 packs of True Lemon
Sour cream, optional (as topping)
Ground nutmeg, optional (as garnish)
- In a large bowl, combine gelatin and salt.
- Gradually stir in boiling water until gelatin is dissolved.
- Add the frozen raspberries, cold water, and True Lemon. Mix well.
- Using a hand blender, pulse mixture until partially smooth. Leave a few chunks for texture, if desired.
- Refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir soup. If desired, garnish with sour cream and nutmeg.