A quick solution when you need to make a sensational dessert! This recipe uses leftovers into another delectable treat. Recipe submitted By Sandy Grundman.
1 box of one-step Angel Food Cake mix
16 packets of your favorite True Citrus flavors (specifically True Lime and True Orange work great!)
Assorted sliced fruit
Whipped cream (optional)
For Double Duty Delight:
1 box vanilla or chocolate pudding
Additional sliced fruit
Additional whipped cream (optional)
- Add True Citrus packets to the dry cake mix before adding additional ingredients.
- Proceed making the Angel Food Cake per package directions.
- When cake has cooled, serve with fresh sliced fruit and whipped cream (if desired). Sprinkle fruit with additional amounts of True Citrus.
Double Duty Delight
For if you have about 4-5 servings of cake left over.
- Tear the pieces of cake into small pieces, and place in a large bowl.
- Mix in 4-5 additional packets of your favorite True Citrus flavor.
- In a separate bowl, make the pudding according to package directions.
- Pour pudding mixture into the bowl with the bread pieces, and gently mix to combine. Pour into a serving dish.
- Cover and refrigerate until the pudding is set. Serve with fresh sliced fruit, and whipped cream if desired!