If you thought grilled cheese couldn’t get any better, you were wrong! Recipe submitted By Wolfgang Hanau.
4 packets of True Lemon
1/4 cups water
3 large fresh Hass avocados cut in half and sliced end-to-end
12 slices bread (gluten-free bread, if preferred)
12 1/4 inch thick sliced vine-ripe tomatoes
12 ounces goat cheese
12 ounces mild white cheddar cheese, sliced to 3/4 ounce per slice
3 ounces butter or extra virgin olive oil
3 ounces mustard, optional
12 pickle wedges
6 servings of potato chips, or carrot sticks
- In a small bowl, stir 4 packets of True Lemon into 1/4 cups of water.
- Peel pitted avocados and cut into 6 halves.
- Slice avocados end-to-end and put into True Lemon and water.
- Spread 1 ounce goat cheese on each slice of bread, along with mustard (if desired).
- Place fresh sliced avocados on top of goat cheese on half (6) of the bread slices and top avocado with 1 slice of white cheddar cheese.
- On the remaining bread, place 2 slices of tomato on top of goat cheese and top with a slice of white cheddar.
- Coat a pan or griddle with 1 tablespoon melted butter or extra virgin olive oil. Toast bread until top of slices are golden.
- Place topped grilled bread slices under broiler until cheese melts and the inside is hot, 20-30 seconds. Place the two topped bread slices together and cut in half diagonally.
- Serve hot with two slices of pickle and potato chips or carrots!