These tartlets are the perfect bite-sized treats for any gathering. Your guests will love the tangy combination of ginger with True Lime!
2 1/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup dark molasses
Shortcut: Use pre-made tartlet shells, purchased in the freezer section of your grocery store.
6 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1-2 tablespoons milk
2 packets True Lime
1 cup blueberries or raspberries
Fresh mint sprigs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. For shells: Combine flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt; then beat in butter, sugar, egg, and molasses.
3. Roll dough into 48 3/4-inch balls. Using a mini tart shaper (or by hand) press each ball into a nonstick mini muffin pan.
4. Bake for 8-9 min.
5. Immediately after removing from oven, gently re-shape any shells that are too puffed up. Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes and remove from pan.
6. For filling: in a large mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk, and True Lime packets.
7. Spoon 1 generous teaspoon of filling into each cooled tartlet.
8. Topping: Top each tartlet with berries until full. Garnish with fresh mint.
8. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Submitted By Pamela Cleghorn.