The perfectly easy make-ahead snack for any holiday gathering! Recipe adapted from The Minimalist Baker.
2 cups of assorted nuts (unsalted and not roasted), such as pecans, cashews, walnuts, or almonds
1 1/2 tablespoon melted coconut oil or butter
2 tablespoons raw sugar, plus additional amount for topping
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon True Orange Ginger
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine nuts with melted oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon, True Orange Ginger, salt, and 1 tablespoon of the maple syrup. Toss to coat well.
- Spread nuts onto a cookie sheet (with edges) and bake about 12-15 minutes until golden brown, stirring halfway through cooking time.
- Remove from oven and immediately add remaining 1 tablespoon of maple syrup, and mix well. Sprinkle with additional sugar and True Orange Ginger, if desired.
- Let cool completely, then serve! This recipe makes 2 cups.
These nuts are also a wonderful holiday gift! Divide evenly into clear bags, and decorate with a colorful ribbon. Roasted nuts also make an excellent topping for oatmeal, pancakes, roasted vegetables like butternut squash and Brussels sprouts, or salads.