This light and simple cake always gets requested over and over!
1 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
3 cups white sugar
1 packet True Lemon, mixed with 1 teaspoon water
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
True Lemon Glaze
11/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
2 packets True Lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour 10-inch bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating very well after each. Stir in the True Lemon with water and vanilla. Beat in the flour alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 60 to 75 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool, then drizzle with lemon glaze.
- Put confectioners’ sugar into a small bowl.
- Mix True Lemon with enough water to make lemon juice.
- Mix lemon juice into bowl; a teaspoon at a time, until desired drizzling consistency is achieved.
Prep time: approximately 1 hour 30 minutes.