More of a pudding than a true cake, this pile of sweet “dirt” with gummy “worms” crawling out is sure to send shivers of delight up the spines of kids everywhere!
1 package of Oreo cookies
8 ounces of cream cheese
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
3 cups milk
12 ounces of whipped cream (or non-dairy whip topping)
2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages of instant vanilla pudding
2 packets True Lemon or True Orange
1 package gummy worms
- Crush Oreos. Put 1/3 of the crushed Oreos into a low-sided serving bowl or mounded in the center of a decorative dish, and set aside.
- Mix butter, cream cheese, sugar, and True Lemon or True Orange together. Set aside.
- Combine milk and pudding mix. Fold thawed whipped topping into the pudding milk mixture.
- Fold together pudding mixture and butter-cream cheese mixture.
- Layer this mixture (about 1/3 of it) onto the crumbled cookies. Next, add another layer of the pudding mixture, then another layer of cookie crumbs, continuing until all ingredients are used.
- As you’re layering the ingredients, decoratively place several gummy worms in the soil so they will be seen emerging. You can use a small plastic tombstone to embellish the presentation.
- Chill in refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours before serving.