Eggs thicken this savory lemon broth in this bright and summery soup. Recipe submitted by Jen from Baltimore, MD. Adapted from The Lemon Lovers Cookbook by Peg Bailey.
6 cups chicken stock
2 small potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
1/2 cup long-grain rice
3 egg yolks
5 packets True Lemon
Dash of salt
Pepper to taste
Chopped fresh parsley or chives as garnish
- Bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan, then add rice and potatoes.
- Cover and reduce heat, allowing rice to simmer until tender; about 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks and True Lemon together until well combined.
- When the rice is done, remove soup from heat and ladle 1 cup of the hot broth into egg and lemon mixture, stirring constantly.
- Pour egg mixture into chicken broth, stirring constantly.
- Simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Do not let soup boil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with fresh parsley or chives on top and pita bread triangles on the side, if desired.