Recipe adapted from Taste.com.
2 packets of True Lime, dissolved in 1 tablespoon of water
3 egg yolks
1 cup extra light olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Fresh chopped cilantro (optional)
- In a blender or food processor, combine the egg yolks and True Lime water. Pulse until frothy.
- With the blender running, add the olive oil slowly in a thin stream. Continue adding until thick and creamy.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise from the blender with salt and cayenne pepper. Gently fold together.
- If desired, mix in the cilantro.
- Store any unused mayonnaise in the refrigerator.
If lowering your salt intake, only use a 1/2 a teaspoon of salt in this recipe. This is also wonderful with True Lime, Garlic & Cilantro in place of the True Lime.