This is my “go-to” good anytime salad recipe – you can’t go wrong!
For the salad:
- 2-3 cups of mixed greens
- 1-2 cups mixed veggies: cherry tomatoes, red onions, cucumbers, garbanzo beans and beets (optional)
- 3-5 ounces of grilled chicken
- 1 sliced hard-boiled egg
- 1/2 chopped apple or 1/4 cup currants (optional)
- 2 tablespoons almond slivers (optional)
- Sprinkle of feta or parmesan cheese (optional)
For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 packets of True Lemon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- dash of sea salt
- dash of pepper
- Assemble salad: mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, red onions, cucumbers, grilled chicken and hard-boiled egg.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a mason jar. Cover and shake to mix.
- Drizzle 2-3 ounces of dressing over salad and serve.
- Refrigerate remaining dressing.