A fluffy bread pudding with the perfect amount of True Lemon zest!
2 cups French bread or Brioche cubes
3/4 cup granulated sugar
6 packets of True Lemon
1/2 cup melted butter
4 eggs, separated
2/3 cup milk
- In a large bowl, combine the bread cubes, sugar, and True Lemon.
- Drizzle with melted butter mix until ingredients are well blended.
- In a separate bowl, beat yolks with an electric mixer until thick and lemon-colored, then add milk and blend well.
- Pour the yolk and milk mixture over the bread mixture.
- Meanwhile, in glass bowl, beat whites until stiff peaks form, then fold into the bread mixture.
- Pour this mixture into a buttered 1 1/2-quart casserole and bake at 325 degrees for approximately 30-35 minutes.
This is great served as a warm dessert, or left over as a cold breakfast! Submitted By Noella Bricalt.