Easy to make and no baking necessary! Serve chilled. Recipe submitted By Jeri Bundrick.
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup cornstarch, plus 1 additional tablespoon
1 1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons from True Lemon Shaker
3 egg yolks
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 ounces cream cheese
8 ounces whipped topping
1 store bought graham cracker crumb crust
- Gently warm the first 6 ingredients in a sauce pan over low to medium heat; stirring constantly until thickened.
- Remove from heat. Melt cream cheese into cooked mixture. Let cool.
- Fold whipped topping into the cooled mixture.
- Spoon filling mixture into the graham crust.
- Chill in refrigerator at least 30 minutes, then sprinkle with additional True Lemon before serving, if desired!
This recipe can easily be split into two more thinly-filled pies, if desired. The recipe makes a decent amount, so you can also just load up one pie shell with all the filling!
True Lime is also a wonderful and delicious alternative for a “key lime” style variation.