This moist lemon cake will surely brighten up your day. A wonderful and special treat for a loved one’s birthday, too!
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
3 packets True Lemon, plus 1 additional packet (reserved for frosting)
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (gluten-free flour, if desired)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
1/2 cup thinly sliced almonds (optional)
1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, granulated sugar, and 1 egg in a large bowl until pale (about 4 minutes).
- Slowly beat in the sour cream and the 3 packets of True Lemon.
- In a small bowl whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; stir into butter mixture until just combined.
- Transfer batter into a greased 9-inch spring-form pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar on high with mixer until smooth about 3 minutes.
- Beat in the remaining egg and remaining packet of True Lemon. Fold in almonds (optional) then spread over cake.
- Bake cake for 25 minutes more, then remove and set aside to cool (about 20-30 minutes).
- Run knife around the edge, then remove the spring-form rim.
- Arrange the raspberries on top, and if desired, sprinkle with a dusting of powdered sugar, and an additional packet of True Lemon.
Any assortment of fresh berries works great for this recipe, including blackberries and blueberries. Use the freshest version you can find!
If layers are desired, cut cake through the middle once cooled. Double the frosting portion, and fill the center of the cake with the additional frosting before topping the cake and baking again.