This tasty twist to traditional biscotti is a great treat with your morning cup of coffee or as an after dinner dessert. Recipe submitted by Diana Burrink.
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon vanilla or coconut extract
4 packets of True Lime
1 3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2/3 cup corn meal
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened, if available)
1/2 cup chopped almonds (optional)
Additional True Lime for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using an electric mixer or food processor with a dough blade, cream together sugar, oil, vanilla or coconut flavoring extract, and True Lime. Add the 2 eggs, one at a time.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, corn meal, baking powder, salt, shredded coconut, and almonds.
- Add the dry ingredient mixture to the liquid mixture. If using a stand mixer be sure to use the dough hook attachment. Otherwise, mix it by hand with a large spoon.
- Form dough into a large log (about 15 inches long by 3 inches wide) on a large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle additional True Lime on top, then bake for 30-40 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Diagonally slice into biscotti pieces with a large bread knife. Place back onto a cookie sheet in a single layer and bake another 10-15 minutes, or until it reaches desired crunchiness. Remember it gets crunchier as it cools!