Delicious low calorie cookies, with a tasty and creamy batter. Bonus: prepare them ahead and just bake when you are ready! Recipe submitted by Angela Hresan of Powhatan VA.
3 packets True Lemon
3 tablespoons warm water
1 cup butter, at room temperature
1 cup natural sweetener (such as honey, coconut sugar, or raw sugar)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour (use gluten-free all-purpose flour, if desired)
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dissolve True Lemon packets in warm water and set aside.
- Cream butter, natural sweetener, and eggs with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Blend in vanilla and True Lemon mixture.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together. Slowly add to the batter.
- Form dough into 2×6 inch logs, seal in plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 285 F. Cut dough into 1/2 inch slices and space 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 16-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling racks.
- Dust with powdered sugar and additional True Lemon if desired.