A perfect dessert for a cocktail party that’s sweet but also wonderfully healthy. Recipe adapted from the Pillsbury Cookbook, 1989.
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup water
4 packets True Lemon
1/4 cup light rum
1 cup watermelon cubes
1 cup cantaloupe cubes
1 cup honeydew cubes
1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles (optional)
1 cup fresh sliced peaches (optional)
Fresh mint, as garnish
- In small saucepan, combine honey and water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in True Lemon and rum; let cool.
- In large bowl combine watermelon, cantaloupe, and honeydew.
- Pour cooled marinade over fruit.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
- Just before serving, add peaches and feta cheese (if desired). Garnish with fresh mint.