Orange-scented cookies packed with big chocolate chunks. Recipe submitted by Karen Lawrence.
1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 packets True Orange
2 large dark chocolate bars, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, salt, and True Orange, then set aside.
- Cream together butter, cream cheese, and sugar, then add egg and vanilla.
- Gradually stir in the flour mixture until combined. Do not over-mix.
- Stir in chocolate chunks, then drop by teaspoonful onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 15 minutes until lightly browned around edges. Makes 4-5 dozen.
1 cup of milk chocolate or dark chocolate chips can also be used in this recipe.