This moist cake is perfect when served with whipped cream or yogurt. Recipe submitted by Cooking with Books.
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 packets of True Lemon
1/3 cup milk
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 large egg
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 orange, peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- Whisk milk and vinegar in a small bowl and let sit for 5 minutes. Add egg, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, and gently mix to combine.
- Grease a mini loaf pan and layer orange slices on the bottom. Pour batter into mold and bake for 25 minutes. Serve with a side of whipped cream.
Create an additional True Lemon glaze to drizzle over the top by combining 2 packets with 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar. Add a tablespoon of water, and whisk to combine. If too thick, add more water – if too thin, add more sugar.