Mouth watering in every bite-sized piece. Just right for the holiday season celebrations! Recipe submitted by Kimberlea Porterfield.
1 baguette bread loaf, cut into 24 slices
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 large whole clove garlic
6 slices center cut bacon, chopped
1 shallot, finely chopped
2 cups chopped fresh spinach
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 pound brie cheese, cut into 24 equal pieces
1/4 cup melted butter
6 packets of True Lemon
3 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon (or more to taste) Louisiana hot sauce
24 oysters, shucked, rinsed and drained (shells reserved)
1/4 cup breadcrumbs (panko is best)
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly brush baguette slices with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Bake 5-8 minutes until just crisp. Rub toasts with the garlic clove.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium high heat, in the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, cook bacon until almost crisp.
- Add shallots and cook 2-3 minutes, until softened. Add the spinach and cook 2-3 minutes or until wilted. Stir in Worcestershire sauce.
- Divide the spinach mixture evenly among the toasts. Top each with a piece of brie cheese.
- Return the crostini to the oven to melt the cheese, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Turn oven to broil and set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- In an large ovenproof casserole mix together the butter, True Lemon, water, hot sauce, and oysters. Place oysters in single layer, and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Broil in the preheated oven until oysters begin to curl at the edges and breadcrumbs are toasted, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the oysters and place one oyster on top of each crostini. Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm. For a fancy presentation, return each oyster to a half-shell. Serve with crostini on the side!