A delicious change for those limiting their red meat intake. Make ahead and freeze for re-heating in the microwave for a quick snack, or easy addition to pasta or soups!
1 pound ground chicken
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 packets True Lemon
1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans
1 teaspoon oregano (fresh)
1 teaspoon basil (fresh)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place ground chicken, egg, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, garlic, oregano, basil, True Lemon packets, pecans, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Knead mixture together with hand till evenly combined. Form mixture into 1-inch balls.
- In large non-stick skillet, warm olive oil over high heat.
- Place meatballs in pan, up to 8 at a time,and cook until all sides are browned, approximately 8 minutes for each meatball.
- Remove with slotted spoon,and add to your favorite spaghetti sauce.
Recipe adapted from Genius Kitchen.