Make corn-on-the-cob even more delicious with this spicy take! Cookouts will never be the same.
4 ears of fresh corn
1 tablespoon True Lime, Garlic & Cilantro Spice Blend (add more for a stronger flavor)
6 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, or cotija (a mild Mexican cheese)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Salt & pepper
Fresh parsley (if using Parmesan), or cilantro (if using cotija), as garnish
- Cook corn in pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Whisk 5 tablespoons oil, cheese, True Lime, Garlic & Cilantro, cumin, and pepper sauce in medium bowl to blend.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add corn and sear until heated through, turning frequently, about 2 minutes.
- Brush corn with some of Parmesan mixture, then continue to turn corn and brush with more cheese mixture.
- Cook until coating begins to color, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer corn to platter, and brush any remaining Parmesan mixture over corn. Sprinkle with fresh chopped herbs, and enjoy!
For an outdoor occasion in the summer, sear corn on the grill for about 5 minutes total (instead of cooking in a pan). If using this cooking method, leave cheese out of the mixture and sprinkle on top of the corn for serving.