Create full-flavored, unbelievably tender pork ribs tonight! Combine cayenne pepper with True Orange for a sweet-and-spicy taste sensation.
2 slabs of pork spare ribs
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon fresh cracked pepper
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
14 packets True Orange
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine salt, pepper, cayenne, and half the packets (7 total) of True Orange.
- Take this dry rub and sprinkle it generously over both sides of the ribs.
- Mix the remaining 7 packets of True Orange with 1/2 cup of water, and pour into the bottom of a roasting pan. Add fresh thyme, sage, and rosemary (reserving a few sprigs of the rosemary as garnish for plating). Pan should be filled with enough water so that it’s about one inch deep, so add more if necessary.
- Add ribs to the pan so they stand upright (by leaning against edge of the pan, or by resting them on a rack used for turkey). Fats from the ribs will drip into the water below, so it’s important that the ribs are not submerged in the water.
- Cover the roasting pan with foil well, so that no moisture escapes.
- Place in the oven and cook for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Remove from oven, and let rest (still covered) for about 30-minutes until cool.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs, and enjoy!
Don’t toss those delicious pan drippings! Make a delicious gravy by carefully pouring the drippings into a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Mix a small amount of cornstarch or flour with 1-2 tablespoons of water, and add to the pan. Stir well until bubbly, and add more of the cornstarch/flour mixture for a thicker consistency.
Recipe created by Cooking With Caitlin.