This recipe combines the heat of chili peppers with the refreshingly sweet taste of fruit – a truly unique dish to satisfy your taste buds! Recipe submitted by Roxanne Chan.
For the chicken:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
1 tablespoons olive oil
2 packets True Lime
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
For the salsa:
2 cups diced mango
1/4 cup minced red pepper
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, minced
1/2 cup julienned peeled jicama (optional)
1/4 cup blueberries (optional)
2 tablespoons True Lime (4 packets + 2 tablespoons of water)
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, additional as garnish
- Brush the chicken with the oil.
- Mix together the True Lime, chili powder, garlic powder, and black pepper, then sprinkle over the chicken.
- Grill 10 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, or till the chicken tests done.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine the ingredients for the salsa and mix well.
- Place a chicken breast on each plate then spoon salsa over top, garnish with additional cilantro, and serve.
As a time-saver, make the salsa up to 1-day ahead of time.