The perfect cheesecake for a summer treat. Use fresh strawberries if they are in season!
8 ounces of natural cream cheese; softened
1/3 cup sugar (or sugar substitute*)
2 medium eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups organic sour cream; divided
3 packets True Lemon
1 9-inch graham cracker crust (pre-made)
1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Put soft cream cheese in a bowl and beat with mixer until smooth.
- Slowly add sugar, blending on slow speed, and beat in eggs, vanilla, True Lemon, and 1 c sour cream.
- Pour into crust and bake in oven for 45 minutes, until browned on top.
- Turn oven off and leave pie in for another 30 minutes.
- Remove and cool, then refrigerate and chill completely.
- Combine remaining sour cream with strawberries and 1 packet of True Lemon; blend thoroughly and pour on top of pie.
- Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Submitted by Betty, TN.
*If using sugar substitute, be sure to check the sweetness equivalent to regular sugar. Oftentimes substitutes are much sweeter, and much less can be used.