Try your own variations on this twice-baked treat (such as substituting True Orange with a dark chocolate drizzle). The possibilities are endless!
1/2 cup unsalted butter; softened
1 tablespoon sugar (or sugar substitute)
2 large eggs
1 cup all purpose flour (more flour may be needed)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 packets of True Lemon
1 cup white chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 325 F.
- In large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed, beat butter, sugar, and eggs until well mixed.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually beat in 1 cup flour, the baking powder, salt, and True Lemon.
- Beat in enough of the remaining flour until a soft dough forms. With a wooden spoon, stir in more flour until a stiff dough forms.
- Divide dough in half and place both halves on a lightly greased baking sheet, about 3 inches apart. Shape each into a 9 inch log, about 1 inch high and 2 inches wide.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until firm and golden brown.
- Remove logs from oven and reduce temperature to 300 F. Transfer logs to a cutting board.
- While they are still warm, using a serrated knife carefully cut each log diagonally into 1 thick slices.
- Arrange slices, cut sides down, on the baking sheet and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until slices are dried but not browned, turning over each slice once.
- Cool and drizzle with melted white chocolate. Store in airtight container.