A fruity and fun marinade, perfect for summer cookouts! Recipe submitted by Angela Buchanon.
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
1/2 cup pineapple juice
2 packets True Lime
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 red bell pepper, cored and cut into squares
1 medium sweet onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- Trim the chicken and cut it into 2-inch cubes.
- Place the chicken in a zip-top gallon-sized plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, mix the pineapple juice, True Lime, garlic, salt, and olive oil, and pour over the chicken.
- Seal the bag and toss to coat, then refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Heat a gas grill or indoor grill pan to medium high.
- Discard the marinade and thread the chicken on skewers, alternating with the peppers and onions (use four skewers).
- Grill for 7-10 minutes, turning once, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with basmati rice, if desired.