A delectable dessert that’s chocolatey and sweet. Recipe submitted by Jenny Yoder.
1 loaf (10.75 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed (can also use any sweet doughy bread, such as challah – or sweet gluten-free bread)
6 tablespoons apricot preserves
4 packets True Orange
6 tablespoons chocolate hazelnut spread
Pineapple tidbits (frozen or canned), or thinly sliced fresh pineapple
- Preheat indoor grill or panini press, and coat with butter-flavored non-stick cooking spray. Slice thawed pound cake or bread into thin slices (1/2″ to 1″ tops), making sure you cut an even number.
- In a small bowl, combine apricot preserves and True Orange.
- Lay bread slices flat and spread 1 tablespoon of the apricot mixture onto half of the slices.
- Top preserves with pineapple tidbits or slices until covered.
- Spread 1 tablespoon chocolate hazelnut spread on the remaining 6 slices.
- Press the chocolate side down onto pineapple to form mini panini sandwiches.
- Place each panini on the grill or press and cook until the filling is warm and cake becomes golden brown, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately, cutting in half if desired.