A delectable side dish, especially when served with fish. This couscous recipe is perfect for any summer gathering!
2 1/4 cups water, mixed with 2 packets True Orange Mango
1 tsp ground cumin
1 box (10 ounces) couscous
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 packets of True Lime
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil (or 1 tsp dried basil)
2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
1 tsp grated fresh ginger (optional)
1 mango, peeled, pitted, and diced
1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- Bring water, True Orange Mango, and cumin to a boil in a medium-size saucepan.
- Add couscous; cover.
- Remove from heat and let stand covered for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl and let cool.
- Mix olive oil, soy sauce, and True Lime in a small bowl. Stir mixture into couscous.
- Stir in cilantro, basil, chives, ginger (optional), and mango. Sprinkle with pine nuts.Yield: 8 servings.
Recipe from: Family Circle All-Time Favorite Recipes by editors of Family Circle (Doubleday).