This zesty chicken recipe packs the flavor of three True Citrus products. Recipe adapted from Prevention Magazine.
8 packets of True Orange + 1/4 cup of water
2 packets of True Lemon + 1 tbsp water
2 packets of True Lime + 1 tbsp water
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 ounces each)
1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 cup quinoa, rinsed (can substitute couscous if not making gluten-free)
1 yellow or red bell pepper, diced
1 onion, diced
10-15 cherry tomatoes, sliced in quarters
10-15 stalks of asparagus, or green beans
- Combine the True Orange, True Lemon, True Lime juice, and thyme in a large resealable bag. Add the chicken breasts, seal the bag, and refrigerate for 1-8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook, bring the chicken broth to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the quinoa and reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Preheat the grill or broiler. Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill or broil, turning once, for 15 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 160°F and the juices run clear.
- During the last 7 minutes of cooking the chicken, broil the asparagus.
- Mix the additional vegetables into the quinoa (onions, peppers, and tomatoes).
- Divide the chicken breast, vegetables, and quinoa on to 4 plates and serve.