Get your daily dose of turmeric with this delicious tea, while also reducing inflammation in your body. Recipe adapted from Meghan Telpner.
1 cup of almond milk, coconut milk, or hemp milk (whatever you prefer)
1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon True Orange Ginger
Pinch each of ground cloves and ground nutmeg
Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
Pinch of sea salt
Natural sweetener (such as honey or pure maple syrup)
- In a small saucepan, combine almond milk, coconut oil, turmeric, cinnamon, True Orange Ginger, ground cloves, ground nutmeg, salt, and pepper to taste and bring to a soft boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Using a fine strainer or coffee filter, carefully strain out all solids while pouring the liquid into a large bowl.
- Whisk vigorously until frothy.
- Stir in as much honey or maple syrup as desired to sweeten.
- Pour into a cup and enjoy warm!
Black pepper has been shown to help with the absorption of curcumin (the beneficial health property of turmeric), but feel free to omit this ingredient