All the wonderful flavors of grapefruit, wrapped in the lusciousness of ice cream! A delightfully sweet and tart treat. Recipe submitted by Kimberly Wheeler.
1-1/4 cup whole milk
3/4 cup sugar
Dash of salt
20-24 packets True Grapefruit
1-3/4 cup whipping (not heavy) cream
1 teaspoon Mexican vanilla
Red food coloring
- In medium bowl whisk together 1 cup milk, sugar, dash of salt, and 24 packets True Grapefruit.
- Gently blend in whipping cream, remaining 1/4 cup milk, vanilla, and 1-2 drops red food coloring.
- Chill covered in fridge for 90 minutes to overnight, the more time the better.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker, and run per the machine’s instructions (most likely around 15-minutes).
- Spoon ice cream into containers and chill in freezer to harden. Flat containers work best for freezing quickly, and gives it a creamier texture.