This eggplant dip is a cool and refreshing appetizer or snack. Serve with sliced pita bread, olives, or sliced vegetables. Adapted from Mediterranean Food Recipes.
4 large eggplants, whole
5 packets True Lemon
4 tablespoons tahini
3 cloves garlic, peeled
1/2 teaspoon salt
Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Leaving the eggplants whole, pierce each side with a fork. Place in the oven at 450 degrees and roast for about 30-45 minutes, turning them over 2-3 times. The outer shell will be blackened or charred, and the inside will be soft when it’s cooked through.
- Set aside to let cool, then cut eggplants lengthwise and scoop out the pulp. Add pulp to a large mixing bowl.
- Using a mortar and pestle, crush the garlic with salt to form a paste. If you don’t have a mortar and pestle, this can be done carefully with a knife and cutting board, but mashing them together.
- Add the True Lemon and tahini to the garlic paste, and mix to combine. Combine into the eggplant mixture, and use a hand mixer to combine. Gently beat until it has a smooth consistency.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley. Serve at room temperature.