Rich balsamic, sweet strawberries, creamy mascarpone, and zesty True Lemon come together beautifully in this classic recipe. Recipe adapted from Epicurious.
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons, plus 4 additional tablespoons sugar
1 packet True Lemon dissolved in 1/2 tablespoon water
1/2 cup chilled mascarpone cheese
1/2 cup chilled whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 1-pint baskets (about 24 ounces) strawberries, hulled and halved
- Combine vinegar, 2 teaspoons sugar, and True Lemon juice in heavy small saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Boil until syrup is reduced to about 1/4 cup.
- Transfer to small bowl and let cool completely. (Can be made 2 days ahead, if desired Cover and refrigerate while making the rest.)
- Combine mascarpone, cream, vanilla, and 2 tablespoons sugar in medium bowl. Whisk until thick soft peaks form. Cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- Combine berries and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in large bowl; drizzle with balsamic syrup and toss to blend. Let stand 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Divide berries and syrup among 6 goblets. Top with mascarpone mixture, or layer it!