Serve this yummy bread after dinner, or even for breakfast! Absolutely delicious when served with a hot cup of tea. Recipe submitted by Leah Mitchell, from Loveland CO.
1/3 cup melted butter
1 1/4 cup sugar (or sugar substitute)
8 packets True Lemon
1/2 cup milk (or skim milk)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
4 packets True Lemon
1/4 cup sugar
2-3 tablespoons hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Lightly grease an 8×4 inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, sugar, True Lemon, eggs, and milk. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir dry mixture into egg mixture.
- Fold in blueberries and nuts. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool bread in pan for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients: True Lemon, sugar, and enough hot water to make a syrup consistency.
- Remove from pan and drizzle bread with glaze. Cool on a wire rack.