A healthy breakfast choice! These delicious muffins are low carb, nut-free, dairy-free, grain-free, gluten-free, and refined sugar-free.
⅓ cup coconut flour
¼ cup tapioca flour
1 tablespoon chia seeds
¼ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon baking soda
4 packets of True Lemon
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
½ cup coconut milk, full fat
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 eggs, room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a muffin pan with nonstick paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut oil, coconut milk, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix to combine the tapioca flour, coconut flour, chia seeds, baking soda, salt and True Lemon packets. Then using a whisk, mix dry and wet ingredients together to form a batter.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until a stick inserted into the center of your muffins come out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in the pan, over a wire rack for 5 minutes before serving. Store your muffins in an airtight container in the fridge.
Recipe makes 6 muffins.
Nutritional values (per serving, 6):
Total carbs 13g; Fiber 1.6g; Net Carbs 11.5g; Protein 4.9g; Fat 12.3g; Calories 182kcal
Recipe adapted from Living Healthy with Chocolate.