This rich and creamy lemon sauce makes for the most appetizing chicken dinner! Perfect over a bed of arugula, or with a side of lightly buttered pasta. Recipe submitted by Holly Bauer.
3 tablespoons olive oil
1.5 lb package of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup True Lemon (or 8 packets True Lemon + 4 tablespoons water)
3 tablespoons capers
- Add 3 tablespoon olive oil to large sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper together in shallow dish and dredge the chicken breasts through it.
- Place chicken in sauce pan and saute for 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Add garlic to pan and continue sauteing for one minute.
- Add chicken broth and white wine to pan and cover.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add True Lemon and capers, and simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve chicken topped with lemon caper sauce, and pasta on the side.
For a thicker sauce, remove chicken from pan after cooking. Add a little more flour to the pan, and whisk together with the juices.