A citrus spin on the traditional chocolate puppy chow snack mix. Recipe adapted from Chex.
9 cups of Rice Chex cereal (or similar cereal)
1 1/4 cups white vanilla baking chips (alternate recipe: use chocolate baking chips)
1/4 cup butter or margarine
4 packets of True Lemon dissolved in 2 tablespoons of water (alternate recipe: use True Orange)
2 cups powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, measure cereal and set aside.
- In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chips, butter, and True Lemon juice uncovered on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. This can also be accomplished by using a double-boiler on the stove.
- Pour mixture over cereal, stirring gently until evenly coated.
- Pour chocolate-covered Chex into a 2-gallon resealable food storage plastic bag.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag and gently shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper or foil to let cool.
- Store in airtight container.
Makes 24 servings (1/2 cup each).