A simple and savory chicken soup, made with a light and refreshing True Lemon broth, orzo pasta, and vegetables.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch thick
1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
8 cups of chicken broth
3 teaspoons from True Lemon shaker dissolved in 1/3 cup of water
1 bay leaf
1-1/2 cups orzo pasta
2 cups cooked shredded chicken
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large stockpot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion, garlic, carrots, and celery until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, True Lemon water, bay leaf, and bring to a boil.
- Add the orzo and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 to 8 minutes, or until orzo is tender.
- Add the chicken and heat for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Discard the bay leaf and stir in the parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Ladle the soup into bowls and serve warm.
A great shortcut for this recipe is to use shredded rotisserie chicken in this soup. This recipe serves 8.