An easy to throw-together recipe with a lemony cheese sauce that’s scrumptious with crab and pasta!
2 cups cottage cheese
1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
4 packets True Lemon
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon of dried dill weed
2 teaspoons of olive oil
2 cups finely chopped celery
2 cups chopped scallions
8 ounces fresh crab meat, or canned
8 ounces of elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spray oval baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In blender or food processor, combine cheese, broth, True Lemon, mayonnaise, and dill; puree until smooth. Set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil and add celery and scallions.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently for about 4-5 minutes; until vegetables are softened.
- Stir in crab meat, cooked macaroni, and vinegar; cook 2 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat; stir in reserved cheese mixture.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish; bake 15-20 minutes, until bubbly.